Website Nav

Monday, August 19, 2013

Film Friday Up North

Film Friday Banner




Our weekend was spent in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan with good friends, plenty of food, and an abundance of water.  This Film Friday was spent on the Great Lakes, experimenting with text blending, design, & some new color-grading techniques.  But more than that, this weekend showed that, even when I don't have to, I still choose to spend my free time making films and tinkering with imagery.  I still love it, even after it's been my full-time job for 4 years.

Below are some of my favorite photos from the weekend.


1X9B0479 copy
1X9B0440 copy  1X9B0541 copy
1X9B0592 copy
1X9B0422 copy1X9B0443 copy1X9B0604 copy1X9B0576 copy
1X9B0491 copy

This weekend was fun though.  I wanted to see if I could track text to landscapes, and specifically if I could get the text to have reflections in the water.  Reflections are pretty easy to do in photographs, but in video, reflections move...a lot.  I wanted to see if I could find some uses for water distortion and ripple effects and see how finely I could tune the effect.  So below is the answer!  I'm really happy with how it's turned out.  It was also another chance to try to some new color-grading techniques I've been thinking about.





It was good to have some time off, especially GOOD time off, and it's Monday now, I'm back in the office, and really getting a lot done.  It's a real blessing to have a job I enjoy enough that I'm excited about starting again every week.  Looking forward to many more.  Also looking forward to another weekend up north while we still have summer.

1X9B0661 copy
( ^ this did not end well)  Click HERE to see more photos.

Enjoy!

JohnPaul

2 comments:

Patt said...

Great fun pics..thanks for posting some of your "non-work" photos. :)

Patt said...

Great fun pics! Thanks for posting some of your 'non-work' photos. :)